Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Making a good miniature even better

Mark over at Dropship Horizon once said, “To hell with your fluff, tell me a story with your miniature” That stuck with me. Having built my fair share of 1:35 scale dioramas, I completely agree with the statement.

Here we have a Sturmtruppen but how can I tell a story with a miniature?

Options!, lots of poses and accessories to make each miniature unique. Let’s start with how the miniature breaks down. Having separate heads arms and chest will allow you a great deal of freedom when posing each model.
Here are six leg poses, I can mirror many of these and easily come up with ten different leg poses.



Here are some weapon options, some hip fired some shoulder fired and some are both.


 Here is an accessory pack, LOADS of options to customize your unit. Arm raised in halt, throwing a grenade, pointing, double gunning with pistols or SMG’s. Hand replacement options for knife fights, carrying rifles, ammo boxes, etc. Items such as pistol holsters, combat knifes, ammo pouches and med-packs.

All of this will cost a fair amount of cash….I will be going to print with a few samples and starting a Kickstarter project to help funding
Kickstarter is a tool for creative types to get start-up funding; almost like a crowd sourced venture capital system, a great way to get a little cash infusion for a starting venture. You, as a participant will receive a discount on the miniatures, but more importantly, you will be supporting a small indie company to succeed.

When I have a master in hand I will announce the project and provide a link. I hope to see you there and I look forward to your support. When will all this happen? ASAP! I will be sending out to have a single Strumtruppen and Kriegsmarine printed, so that I have something to show you the quality of the actual miniature. Unlike the Leviathan, these will be white metal and should be very quick to turn around from a master model to production metal minis.
All the best!
Mark-

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to buy some. I'd like to buy to build a 40k SM army using these models.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. your a bad bad man!!!

    these look wicked!!! perfect for 40K, but I'll be using mine for secrets of the third reich ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned that this will cost a fair amount of cash to get started. Any idea on a per mini cost once the ball gets rolling?

    The models and options look top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kickstarter worked pretty well for Joseph Dragovich's The Department rules, so I think that's a good call. I'll contribute once you switch over to the 15mm side down the road.

    ReplyDelete