Thursday, October 14, 2010

Here is something I had to keep Hush-Hush about.

When John at Moddler contacted me about working with JBR on a commercial gig, I was very excited about the opportunity and jumped at the chance. My Leviathan molds would need to take a back seat for a bit.


This was a CAD model that JBR and I worked on for a Land Rover commercial. Moddler printed the CAD model and sent it off to an ad agency in NY, Hornet Inc. to have the physical model painted and ultimately used in a stop motion commercial.
Here are a couple of links to the final product....

Land Rover :30sec
Behind the Scenes

This was my first bit of work as a small cog in a big commercial deal. Very exciting and very tight deadlines. I am amazed to see the end results.

 
The Model needed to be 100% with all details of the real world vehicle captured, all the way down to working headlights. You cannot see it in this render but even the interior headlight bezels needed to be created.


Here are some shots of the modeling work in progress.
A couple of pics of just some of the printed components.
This represented many hours of work for John Ross and I and flawless execution of the final print from John at Moddler.

Its running right now in Italy and you should see a 40 second spot here in the USA soon....


It was a real pleasure working with John Bear Ross and John Vegher on this collaboration.

4 comments:

  1. I finally got my stuff together, and made a blog post on this. Here's da linky...

    http://johnbearross.blogspot.com/2010/10/land-rover-commercial.html

    Thanks for letting me help on such a kickass job.

    You da man.

    Best,
    John Bear Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome. But then, I wouldn't have expected anything less from you guys!

    Really looking forward to that time in the future when you have some availability to take on some more projects for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jon, I'm sooooo sick of molds right now I would love some CAD work, unfortunately I have a ways to go before I can put this monster to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a Freelander TD4 owner I can really appreciate the effort that went into this. Just such a shame Land rover went from rugged to sleek urban "Tesco Commando".

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete